is great! It isn't always easy or the way that we think it should be but it is great to me. I haven't always felt this way. In fact, at one point in my life, I absolutely loathed living in this confusing and frustrating world. That is how I used to think of it. But as years have passed and I have made better decisions, I have come to love life and all that it means. Just yesterday, I woke up exhausted. I mean exhausted! I was up ALL night with indigestion for the second time this pregnancy. I think I ate half a bottle of tums to only return to bed and wake up again a little bit later with that lovely burning sensation in my chest & throat. It was a very long night. I finally got up around 8. That is late for me. My alarm goes off at 7:15 but I guess I turned it off without thinking and enjoyed 45 more minutes of sleep. But for some reason, the morning did not feel rushed. The kids got dressed with no problems. They both ate breakfast which is amazing because Kira never eats breakfast. And Garret got off to school without being told a million times to get his shoes on. Then it was quiet time. Kira sat down to watch Nick Jr while I relaxed a bit on the couch and actually got a few zzz's because I felt so lousy. When I finally got myself up and dressed, I was still exhausted. I did not know how I was going to get everything done that needed to be done. But I did what I could, cut out what wasn't absolutely necessary, and had a successful day but was ready to fall over once I got home. After running errands, I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour. Rich was great to let me sleep and pick the boys up from school. Finally I got up and actually got a lot of the house cleaned, dinner made, and cupcakes baked for Kira's birthday party today. Amazing! I'm sitting here now amazed that I actually got that all done. But I can tell you why I got it all done. Prayer and family. I prayed for the strength and energy to accomplish those tasks that were important. And my family helped me get it done. I was blessed with feeling better today than I have for the last few weeks. Life is great and I am loved.
Reasons for my happiness...
1. the gospel... I wasn't always thankful for the gospel. In fact, there was a time in my life when I wanted nothing to do with it. But after a few years of searching other things and other churches and living a life very different from now, I came back. It wasn't easy. It was actually very hard. But I stuck with it, had many ups & downs, and have never once regretted coming back. I lost a lot of friends, left my home, and went through hell but came out a new person. The gospel changed my life, gave & still gives me the guidance that I need, and definitely makes my life better! I'm not close to perfect. I struggle everyday and ask for forgiveness every night but I hope that when I die, I can honestly say that I did all that I could to follow Jesus Christ.
2. my family...without the gospel, I would not have this family. I have no doubt of this. I have a beautiful husband. He inspires me often. I love to hear him pray. I love when he plays with our kids, even if he is scaring the pants off of Garret. I love to watch him play sports. I love when he sits next to me on the couch. I love that he loves the gospel, me, our kids, our house, and our life.
I have the best kids. Yes, mine are the best, at least to me. Garret loves me and protects me as best as he can. He doesn't like for me to be alone and always wants to help me (unless it has to do with cleaning the house). Garret is my loyal little man that I always want to hug.
And Kira. I can't think of her without smiling. She shines as bright as the sun in my world. She wants chocolate milk every morning and freaks out if "icarly" comes on but I wouldn't change a thing about her. Her laughter is contagious and her smile lights up a room. She loves her family and wants to sleep in Garret's room every night. I love hearing them play together and seeing them develop a relationship that will be sweet forever. My kids are the best.
And now I have one on the way to add to the joy that already fills my life.
3. My parents... these are two people that inspire me in a way no one else has. My mom is the most giving person I have ever met. There is no one that she isn't willing to help, even when we, her kids, don't think that she should. She will give you her last dime and not murmur a single word about it. The same things can be said for my dad. Their life is not their own. They live to serve and that is what they do constantly. My dad will stop what he is working on at home, no matter how important, to go help someone in need. They have never been rich, not even close, but I have seen them give to the needy over and over in my life. If they didn't have money, they gave food, service, a shoulder to cry on. In some cases, their own home became another's sanctuary. My parents love each other, love their kids, absolutely adore their grandkids, and love the gospel.
4. Rich's parents, our brothers and sisters, and our friends... I would be writing forever if I wrote about each of you individually. But I am so very thankful for the huge family that I have. There are many reasons that I love Rich's parents but the main one that comes to mind is that they taught Rich the gospel. They were an example to Rich and he is who he is because of their love for him and Jesus Christ.
Our brothers & sisters... what would it be like to not have any? I can't imagine. I wish that we could see each other more often but I am so grateful for the time that we do get to spend with them.
Our friends... for me, you help with the absence of my brothers and sisters. A lot of you are my family. You each offer me something that I need in my life and I am so thankful to have you be a part of my life.
5. cousins, love, laughter, trials, our home, Rich's job, the beach & the ocean, the trees that provide shade and a home for squirrels... I could go on & on. I have so many blessings. I need to pay more attention to them. My life is great even with the trials that I face each day. I don't always have the attitude that I should, but I'm working on it. Some days this life drives me crazy but I am thankful for it and the things that make me eternally happy. I am working towards being more positive and not dwelling on those things that bring me down or drive me crazy. I don't have time for those things. There are too many good things to ignore and I plan on concentrating on them. As I learned from another blogger, "My life is not my own" and I hope to live my gift of life the way that I am supposed to live it.
No comments:
Post a Comment