Yes, I am finally getting around to posting the pictures from spring break. I know that it was way back in March. I've been busy, and lazy, and tired, and a few other things but those are just excuses. Anyway, spring break was fun. We had the wackiest weather. It would be sunny for 30 minutes, pouring the next hour, and then hailing the next minute. But despite that, we managed to have some fun.
The kids love the Bouncy Place. It wears me out every time we go.
Justin, Garret, Evan, Ethan
The boys had a sleepover one night. It took forever for them to finally go to sleep but they had a great time. Aren't they cute?
One day the kids & I ventured to downtown Tacoma. We had a great time just walking around, exploring the city. And we even got ourselves a treat at Hello, cupcake.
The Bridge of Glass is really cool. The glass behind the kids in this picture always reminds me of rock candy.
I loved all of the different glass here. I could have looked at these for hours but I don't think they kids would have appreciated that. It was beautiful. I would love to have some for my house!
The kids really liked this building thing. I have no clue what it is. Garret just says that it would be scary to slide down it. I agree. I think it is pretty cool looking but really don't know what it is. I guess I should find out.
Christina & I took the boys to Fort Nisqually one day. I have to say that I was a little worried about Garret & Cameron. I didn't know if this would keep their attention. But my worries weren't necessary. The kids had a great time.
Kira, Ethan, Garret, Evan, & Cameron
The Fort is made up of lots of different buildings, each serving a different purpose. The kids would look around one building and then run to the next one. Finally they had to take a much needed time out. You see Garret rolling his eyes at me in this picture? He didn't think they needed a time out.
Playing in an out house... They about died when I told them what it was.
The kids actually loved this part. The learned how to put out a candle with some special scissors that cut the wick at the same time. It was fun watching them roam through the house trying to find all of the scissors in each room. And don't you love the name of those matches!
There was a play area with old fashioned games. It was fun imagining what it would be like to play with homemade toys. Christina really had their attention with a simple animation drawing. I don't know exactly what it's called but the kids loved it. We had a really good time at Fort Nisqually and thankfully the rain didn't pound us.
Enjoying Sweet Things Cupcakes after our visit to the Fort. I should have gotten Cameron & Garret one to split. Cameron ate the frosting off of his and Garret only ate the cake! Crazy boys!
3 comments:
You see, Garret is just like me! I can't stand the frosting!
LOVE all these pics Nancy! I looooved the sleepover pic and I'm gonna have to steal it! It was fun spending part of our spring break with you. I need to start planning my summer adventures!
I should add... the other reason I need to steal the sleepover pic (other than it's just plain CUTE) is because we actually have been collecting pictures of Ethan with his special blanket. From the time he was a LITTLE baby, he would carry that same blanket around and would suck on that finger. Anymore, being 8 years old, he won't do that in front of other people unless he's really tired or really comfortable with you. So to catch him doing this is priceless for us. I actually wrote a whole blog entry about it awhile back if you want to check it out... it has some old pictures of this same thing!
http://specialandbubby.blogspot.com/2008/03/tribute-to-special.html
Post a Comment