Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Circus

This past weekend, Mandy & I braved the circus with our kiddos. We really didn't know what to expect. Neither of us had ever heard of the Jordan world circus. When we first walked in, I thought "oh no, it's gonna be a ghetto circus." But as it turns out, we were pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good. Some of the things were cheesy but that's to be expected, right? Garret & Cameron's favorite part was the motorcycle's ball of death. Both of them watched it with their mouths hanging open. We all loved the tigers, bears, elephants, and dancing dogs. I think the dancing poodles were my favorite part. They were sooo cute and I hate poodles, so that's saying a lot! Kira says she loved the princess dogs too. And some of the balancing acts were pretty cool. Mandy, I don't know what your favorite part was. Oh wait, I know. It was standing in line waiting to ride the elephants! The elephant ringmaster was pretty cute, huh? :)

Ever heard of this show? It wasn't Ringling Bros but it was fine for $16!

Cameron, Garret, & Kira

the elephant ride... Kira almost fell off of the elephant. For some reason, she was sitting side saddled instead of straddling the elephant. As you see I wasn't far from the landing and as they came around, I noticed her kicking at the elephants ear. I wasn't sure what she was doing until I saw her sliding off and trying to keep herself on by pushing on the ear! I had to yell at the workers to stop because she was falling. The look on Kira's face was panic. The ringleader got her off and tried to put her back on for another ride but she wasn't having it. She was done! So, we left the boys on for the ride and went down the bouncy slide instead.

She was much happier with this ride! We had a great time!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are so funny, "Oh no, this is going to be a ghetto circus!"-- That is totally what I thought too when I saw the name. It looked cool though! I'm glad you guys did that! Way to get outta the house!

agirlsmusthaves said...

Had soooo much fun. I love the Watson's!!!!! I had lots of favorite parts but drooling over the elephant trainer was a highlight!