Tuesday, March 23, 2010

CAAAAAAKE!!!

If any of you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE cake! Cupcakes, cheesecake, birthday cake, homemade cake, box cake... if it has cake in it's name, I probably like it. Now frosting, that's a different story. You can ruin a great cake with awful frosting but that's a whole other post. And now my brownie obsession has slowly made it's way back into my life. I have been making brownies, starting with my cousin Jeanie, since we were tall enough to reach the stove and actually turn it on. But while pregnant with Kira, brownies made me sick. It was a sad time in my life, for brownies at least. So what's a girl to do with a brownie sickness? Replace it with cake, of course! I remember while living in Anchorage making my first homemade cake. It was an apple pecan cake and I gave it to Jessica. She told me that she ate the whole thing. It was a great compliment. So ever since then, cake has been on my mind. And even though I'm able to love brownies again, cake has not been forgotten. My love for cake has actually become stronger. With each passing day, I want more! Sick, huh? Oh well. I try to keep it under control but as Rich can tell you, I have a really hard time with it. And the fact that I really enjoy baking, doesn't help. So instead of me making cakes and brownies all of the time, I've decided to visit cupcakes shops. That way, I will only eat 1 or 2 cupcakes and not 14! I have been to 4 cupcakes shops so far & I have to say that Kiss My Bundt in LA is still my absolute favorite! I am making my way to Hello cupcake on Friday and I am sooo excited. I really hope that it's yummy.

A bunch of us girls traveled to Bellevue a few weeks ago so that we could gobble down some Trophy Cupcakes. It was a very cute shop with lots of charm. I had a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing & a triple chocolate cupcake. Mmmmm, the red velvet was so tasty. The triple chocolate was okay. It was kinda dry. But I would love to go back and try the nutella cupcake & smore cupcake. Yummy.

Don't these look good! That chocolate peanut butter is making my mouth water. And by the way Jaime, I stole your picture. Thanks!

These were my St. Patrick's Day cupcakes, gold at the end of the rainbow. It was almond vanilla cake with a touch of almond buttercream frosting, both homemade. Rich just laughed at me while I was making these. He says that I am so "domestic." Not really, I just love to bake but I absolutely loath cleaning up the mess afterwards! Thanks for the picture Christina!

3 comments:

The Pingels said...

Next time you feel like you have too many cupcakes at your house, send a little package my way! They look delicious and now I'm hungry!

The Watson's... said...

You got it Lindsay! We are heading to Utah in July, so I will make sure to drop off a package when we get to your place!

Debra said...

I'm so glad I ordered the lemon strawberry cupcake and you brought it over to me! It was my favorite, hands down! I was kind of surprised at that, since I tend to favor chocolate, but if you head back to Trophy's, I'd recommend that.

BTW, I still owe you $6.50! Should I swing by with the money, or when am I going to see you again that I can repay you?