This is how Jace loves to be, no clothes with his shoes on! I think he gets it from his Grandpa. :)
In February, Jace had his 15 month checkup. He is 33.5 in tall (97%) & weighs 28 lbs (90%). He has a big head, 50cm (97%).
His vocabulary is growing quickly. Every day he is saying a new word. We may not hear it again for a while, but we at least know that he is learning.
On Wednesday this past week, we had an accident. Jace decided he wanted to play with one of Kira's tea party sets. It happened to be one that is breakable. He grabbed a glass & took off running, only to trip & cut his hand open. It was awful! There was blood & glass everywhere! On top of that, I had just gotten Kira out of the bathtub, so she was naked and dripping wet. I had to hurry & wrap her in a towel so that she could grab Rich from the garage. He was in the middle of tearing the car door apart to fix something on it. It was not a good time to have an emergency. But we dealt with it. Kira got dressed but I don't think that her hair got brushed. I finally got a towel around a Jace's hand. We hopped in the car & off we went with glass & blood all over the floor at home.
The bleeding had slowed a lot, so we dropped Kira at preschool then headed to urgent care. Guess what. It was closed. Bah! It opened in 20 minutes. Well, it was right next to Jamba juice & it would take us 20 minutes to get to the emergency room, so we waited for it to open. Once inside, the doctor came right out. He took a look at Jace's hand & sent us off to the emergency room anyway. It was too bad of a gash on a small child for them to care for.
The bleeding had slowed a lot, so we dropped Kira at preschool then headed to urgent care. Guess what. It was closed. Bah! It opened in 20 minutes. Well, it was right next to Jamba juice & it would take us 20 minutes to get to the emergency room, so we waited for it to open. Once inside, the doctor came right out. He took a look at Jace's hand & sent us off to the emergency room anyway. It was too bad of a gash on a small child for them to care for.
But once we got to the emergency room, things were good. Jace was calm & he was being taken care of. We opted not to sedate him, so he just had his hand numbed. Rich & I had to hold him down while the doc put in the stitches. He HATED it! For a few seconds he would forget & actually pay attention to the book we were reading, the bubbles we were blowing, and whatever else distractions we could come up with. But then he would remember, look at the doctor & his hand, and freak out all over again.
He ended up with 5 stitches in his tiny hand. I actually think they look kinda cool. Garret is scared of them. Jace just touches them for a second & then goes on like nothing is wrong.
I'm sure those won't be the last of stitches in Jace's life.
| see his bandaged right hand... I won't actually show you the stitches. |
1 comment:
I saw his hand bandaged at church and was wondering what happened. Poor little guy. They heal fast though and you are right, they probably will not be his only stitches in life.
Post a Comment