Saturday, January 7, 2012

a little about Jace

Since Jace is a year old now, I feel like I need to write some of the fun things down that he does currently. I am really bad at journaling, so I need to keep up with the blog. It's my journal.

Last night as I was blogging about his birthday, he brought me the wipes. I wondered if he was poopy. I checked him & sure enough he was. I went to grab a diaper and came back to Jace laying on the floor with wipes waiting happily for me to change him. When I sat down beside him, he started clapping. He was so happy to have his diaper changed. I was so surprised! It was really funny! When Garret was that age, 13 months, he could have cared less about a dirty diaper. But not Jace, apparently. 

For the last month or so each time I sweep, Jace brings me the dust pan. The first time he did it, it was so cute. I was shocked to see that he paid that much attention to what I did when sweeping. 

eating some popcorn shrimp... I'm getting him started on sushi early in life!

One day I was in the middle of something, I don't remember what, but I knew that Jace was getting hungry. After I got done, which wouldn't have been too long, I was going to get his lunch. I don't think Jace liked this plan. The next thing I knew, he was coming at me with a fork to let me know that he was hungry. I couldn't help but stop what I was doing and go feed him. How could I make him wait after that? 

Each time any of us go outside, Jace thinks that he is supposed to go with us. He cries & cries to go outside. I have never seen a child like the outdoors as much as Jace. It doesn't matter the weather either, he wants out. His feelings are so hurt when Rich leaves for work. He just doesn't understand why Rich won't take him outside. Many days I find him staring out the window or back door longing to go out. He will be thrilled when summer rolls around & he can play on the back deck all day. 

He cries each time we drop Kira off at preschool. It makes him so sad. 

When he stands under a basketball hoop, he bends his legs & tries so hard to jump. He loves sports already. If there is a ball nearby, you better believe Jace is playing with it.

Jace is by far our most curious child. He is seriously into everything. The kids can not leave out crayons, paint, markers, or anything that they don't want destroyed. One day I found him with a yellow face. He found a highlighter & had colored his whole face with it. Another time, he was pink ALL OVER. Kira was painting & well, he found it. Thankfully it was washable paint because the carpet & table got painted too. I have had to sweep his mouth with my finger, more times than I wish to count, to get crayons out. He likes to eat them.

We have to hide the tv remotes. He loves to point them at the tv & make something happen. It brings him great joy. This morning I caught him with one & told him no. He instantly threw it on the ground but as soon as I turned around he went to pick it up again. He just couldn't help himself. I think men are just born with a gene that tells them they have to be in control of the remote. 

And when he gets mad, I can't help but laugh. He swings his arms & then lays down softly on the ground. He's learned not to throw himself on the ground. It hurts. But he still wants to show us that he's mad, so he lays himself down very easily & proceeds to throw his fit. It's pretty funny. 

There are so many things that I could write about our little "bud." He is always so happy. He loves to dance, especially with Kira. He thinks that he is such a big kid when Garret lets him play trains. When Rich gets home from work, Jace is always the first to greet him. Each time he hears the door knob turning, he says in his cute baby voice "dad!" He's a cuddle bug & gives the best little hugs.

He is such a blessing!

1 comment:

Joe and Liz said...

Aw! What a cute little guy.