The kids & I got to spend 3 fun filled weeks in Memphis this past July and August. We had a super time. Rich actually spent a whole week there too! The kids loved being together. Garret & Luis were never apart, if they could help it, and always had to make room for Noah (it's tough being the little brother). And Kira had fun playing with Danica. It was great being with Maria, even on the shopping trips to Walmart. And of course, Juan's family was fabulous. I got to see my dad in action as Bishop and watch my mom be the Bishop's wife. My admiration for them became even greater after my time there. I also got to have a sushi night out with some of the girls. It was wonderful! I loved being "home" and being surrounded by people that talk with the right accent. :) I didn't love the bugs and mosquitoes! They were horrible! But I sure did love the country and all of the crawdads on the road.
I finally got to visit Paula Deen's. It wasn't Savannah but that's okay. I'll make my way there next time. Anyway, I loved it. Rich even liked it. He got to pig out on all of the meat and potatoes while I gobbled down fried fish and fried pickles. Yummy!









4 comments:
I sure hope you pushed your "buggy" around Wal-Mart or "sumpin' like 'at."
I need to go and try that Paula Deen restaurant. I've always loved her and have been dying to go to her restaurant in Savannah too! Glad you guys had a great trip home!
no Lindsay, it's a basket, not a buggy. I don't think I've ever heard anyone call it a grocery cart when I lived there. LOL
Liz, it was a lot of fun at Paula Deen's. You really should go!
Glad you had fun but even happier that you are back! Your header picture is awesome! You're going to have to show me how to do that!
Post a Comment